Home Forums The Wild Wild West Brexit Reply To: Brexit

Eliza

erika, i suggest you read what wikipedia has to say about the Guardian and its excellent track record.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian
The Guardian is part of the Guardian Media Group (GMG) of newspapers, radio stations and print media including; The Observer Sunday newspaper, The Guardian Weekly international newspaper, and new media—Guardian Abroad website, and guardian.co.uk. All the aforementioned were owned by The Scott Trust, a charitable foundation existing between 1936 and 2008, which aimed to ensure the paper’s editorial independence in perpetuity, maintaining its financial health to ensure it did not become vulnerable to take overs by for-profit media groups. At the beginning of October 2008, the Scott Trust’s assets were transferred to a new limited company, The Scott Trust Limited, with the intention being that the original trust would be wound up.[97] Dame Liz Forgan, chair of the Scott Trust, reassured staff that the purposes of the new company remained the same as under the previous arrangements.

OTOH, the UK’s The Sunday Times is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp which generally has conservative issues at heart. Rupert also owns our Wall Street Journal now. I have to look it up but he is newspaper man at heart and owns a gazillion papers around the world. For a long time he tried to get sole ownership of satellite TV in Britain. And, the last I heard, he is mightily disliked by many Brits. Many one of them can speak to this or correct anything they think I have wrong.

This is WHY one should read multiple and credible sources, and not rely on TV news, blogs, etc. Since I lived in Scotland and follow the news there almost daily, I read multiple credible papers to get a better overview. I actually rely more on the Guardian for UK news than the BBC when in comes to Scotland–but that;s another story for another day, Mutliple, credible, proven over time sources is bottom line.