Home Forums Romance Potpourri Forum Sweet 16 Reading Challenge Reply To: Sweet 16 Reading Challenge

Karat

Sweet Sixteen
Baby Ruth – The genesis of this candy bar’s name has been disputed; but either way, read a sports romance in homage to the baseball player, Babe Ruth, or read a romance in which the hero and/or heroine are in politics in honor of President Cleveland’s daughter Ruth.

The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan
#3 in the Game On series.
Ethan “Dex” Dexter, a good friend of Drew and Gray (from the previous books in the series), is now a NFL center. He decides to visit Gray in San Francisco during his bye week. Gray’s sister-in-law, Fiona Mackenzie, is there visiting too. Dex has been attracted by Fiona for two years, and decides to act upon it now that he met her again. Fiona is not into sport guys, but as she gets to know Dex better, she realizes he is much different than she expected him to be – he might even be the one guy that is perfect for her…
I started reading this series because I had seen great reviews for The Game Plan, and wanted to read the series in order. However, The Game Plan ended up being my least favorite in the series so far. Dex and Fiona were a nice couple, but the obstacles for them to be together were a bit too contrived in my opinion. And Fiona’s decision-making process was sometimes baffling. Nevertheless, the story was enjoyable enough, and I will probably read more books by this author in the future.