Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum Recently Read: Summer 2016 Reply To: Recently Read: Summer 2016

stl_reader

Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh

As others have posted on other boards, this was in large part an epilogue to Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling series. We revisit various devoted couples. About 500 times we are reminded how the Packs love their children. If I never hear the word “pupcub” again, it will be too soon.

I believe there may be plans for a new series continuing to explore the evolving psy/changeling/human world. Think I read that a couple of places. To that end, a new power player (who may or may not be evil and who may have been mentioned in previous books in passing) is revealed. Oh, and someone called The Architect.

There is a plot line in this story (trying to find a kidnapped water changeling). Not bad, though not resolved with as much follow-up as I would have liked.

For me, this book is the Nalini Singh equivalent of a Mary Balogh Christmas novel. A little too much saccharine sweetness all the way around. Too many cute children doing too many cute things. Too many couples perfectly in tune., paraded before us one after the other. Thank God Hawk and Sienna had a moment, because frankly I was starting to get a little bored.

Disappointed that Nikita + Anthony were alluded to (everyone thinks they are spending time together doing, well, something) but not featured in a scene together by themselves.

An okay ending to a very good series. Would have been better with about 100 fewer pages. (It clocked in at 479 pages on my Kindle.)