Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum Recently Read: Summer 2016 Reply To: Recently Read: Summer 2016

Lindareads

I can’t believe how many good books I’ve read so far this summer. And some were in my TBR box, patiently waiting until I got to them, which is even better! These books led to other books in a series or books by the same author. I read the entire “Ice” series by Anne Stuart and just finished the first book in the connected “Fire” Series. I loved Consumed By Fire as much the books in the “Ice” Series. It has been so much fun watch these men fall and fall hard for the heroines. Morally ambiguous heroes are a favorite of mine, along with heroes who turn out to be not who or what the heroine thought they were. And in that vein, I also recently read an ebook from a new to me author called Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan. Wonderful storyline about saving Wild Dogs in Africa and a botched kidnapping that should have not happened. The longer I read the book, the more I got into the story. She has another book coming out soon, and I can promise that I will be watching for it. And then there’s my first Lisa Marie Rice book, Dangerous Lover. Oh my goodness, it was hard to put down. I loved the writing, storyline, hero and heroine. Which made me buy copies of Dangerous Secrets and Dangerous Passion, which I am reading right now. There are things I should be doing – weeding, painting, crafting etc. -but I just want to read to see where things go in the story. I am so glad I have lots of other books to read by Lisa Marie Rice in the future. I also reread two books by Linnea Sinclair – Games of Command and Hopes Folly, two of her best, in my opinion. HF is the third in her Dock Five series and I so wish she would release another book soon. I’d also like to see a book about Branden Kel-Patons brother, who sounds like a really interesting character. Hope you’re listening Ms. Sinclair! So far, great reading this summer.
Lindareads