Home Forums Romance Potpourri Forum Sweet 16 Reading Challenge Reply To: Sweet 16 Reading Challenge

library addict

Sweet Sixteen Challenge
Baby Ruth – The genesis of this candy bar’s name has been disputed; but either way, read a sports romance in homage to the baseball player, Babe Ruth, or read a romance in which the hero and/or heroine are in politics in honor of President Cleveland’s daughter Ruth.
Taming the Legend by Kat Latham – hero is a retired rugby player, now coach of a girl’s rugby team:
Though I did sympathize with the heroine, her attitude was irksome given the circumstances. I had more sympathy for the hero who had believed she’d never tried to contact him in the years they’d been apart. It didn’t help that the heroine then lied. There were some great moments of humor, including the introduction of the hero’s mum. Once the hero started his temporary new job at the heroine’s camp the book’s pace picked up. I loved the letters they wrote to each other. The book’s big twist did not come as a surprise. The resolution to the h/h’s main issue also held no suspense. I would have enjoyed the last chapter more if I’d read the book before real life events occurred (trying not to be spoilery and obviously the author couldn’t have predicted what’s happened). Overall an uneven but enjoyable read. I am looking forward to more London Legends books, but remain unsure I ever want the author to tell the story of the teammate who was widowed a few books before. He’s the bff of the hero in this book, so had significant page time. The circumstances surrounding his wife’s death still feel very manipulative to me.

• The 21st Century Challenge: 15 down, 1 to go…
  • Sweet Sixteen Challenge: 12 down, 4 to go …
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 13 down, 3 to go …
  • The Rat Race Challenge: 10 down, 6 to go…
  • Simply Sixteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 7 down, 9 to go…