Home Forums Romance Potpourri Forum Sweet 16 Reading Challenge Reply To: Sweet 16 Reading Challenge

Sweet Sixteen

Junior mints – Read a young or new adult romance.
Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry
Novella in the Pushing the Limits series.
This book tells the story of what happened to Lila McCormick, a secondary character in the previous book in this series. Lila meets Lincoln Turner when they both lose people that were very close to them. They exchange letters for two years, and fall in love with each other. Now, their lives are again at crossroads, and they need to be able to figure out what to do with their futures.
This was a lovely, very sweet story. It has some of the drama that is characteristic of this series, but it wasn’t overwhelmingly sad. A nice short read.

Milky Way – In homage to our galaxy, read a futuristic or science fiction romance or one where the hero or heroine are involved in science.
Shards of Honour by Lois McMaster Bujold
#1 in the Vorkosigan Saga.
So I finally decided to read this famous science fiction author, and I really enjoyed the experience. Shards of Honour is an outstanding book, with an engaging and complex story, multifaceted characters and a beautiful love tale. I am not sure I will read the rest of the series (I am almost afraid to know what happens with these characters in the future…), but I am happy that I had the chance to know Lois McMaster Bujold’s writing and the Vorkosigan universe.