Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum Anne Stuart Ice Series

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if I was supposed to come over to the new site or post on the thread on the old site. I opted for the new site, so here goes. Thank you so much for your post, Blackjack1. I’ve started reading Cold as Ice and already there are a couple of references to Bastien from Black Ice. Cold as Ice seems a bit different from Black Ice in that I’m halfway through the book and I’ve already had several smiling moments. There were NO smiling moments in Black Ice. Cold as Ice seems a little different and I’m glad that it is. I’ll have to wait until I read the whole series before picking a favorite. Both books are great reads. I’m so excited to find a series that I probably will enjoy so much. I hope the quality of the writing continues to be as good as it is in the first two books.

Lindareads

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

I love Ice Blue.

Nikki H

I loved this whole series. They’re all so well written, with just enough darkness.

Linda Abert

I’m on Book 4 now, Ice Storm, and having way too much fun! I had wanted to take a break from the series to uh make it last longer?? But, I picked up IS and read the short page and a half prologue. No way was I not going to continue reading. Anne Stuart is such a good writer and reading her books is just so easy. I told my DH to read the prologue and he agreed that she is very easy to read. I think I may have got him interested in trying a book or two from the Ice Series now. He too likes good writing.

Now I need to find another book or two like the Ice Series to read when I work my way through this series and have to wait for another addition to it. Any ideas who I might like to try?

Lindareads

Blackjack

Lindareads…”Now I need to find another book or two like the Ice Series to read when I work my way through this series and have to wait for another addition to it. Any ideas who I might like to try?”

For me Anne Stuart is unique and no one I’ve read comes close to her. I don’t generally like alpha heroes or damsels in distress stories or even harsh conflict between the main characters. However, Stuart works for me.

Curious if others have suggestions. Have you tried Stuart’s The House of Rohan books? I loved the first two.

Heather Stanton
    Participant

Ice Storm is great! I love this series and just got my mom hooked on them as well.

I’d suggest Carolyn Crane’s Associates series if you’re looking for something similar. I adore those books too. There’s plenty of action and adventure, plus the characterization is strong with morally ambiguous characters much like those who form The Committee.

Linda Abert

Blackjack, I think I read the first two some time ago. I need to look them up. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m surprised they didn’t make an impression on me like the books in the Ice Series.

HLS, Ice Storm was my favorite so far. Talk about unrequited love – which is one of my favorite themes. Although I figured out early on that something about Killian/Josef was not what it seemed, I loved the whole story line.

Just started the next book about Reno this evening. My oh my!

I’ll also look up Carolyn Crane’s Associates series too, Thank you for mentioning this series. Love those ambiguous “heros” in any form.
    Lindareads

Blackjack

I love this thread. I just realized I never read Ice Storm – so need to fix that oversight!!

Linda Abert

Please post and let us know how you liked it, Blackjack. Out of them all, I think it’s my favorite. At least so far!
    Lindareads

Heather Stanton
    Participant

I loved Ice Storm too. I think it has my favorite last line of any book I’ve read. My fave book in the series though is Cold As Ice because of Peter. Swoon! 🙂

Linda Abert

Just finished the whole Ice Series last night. Sorry to see it come to an end. I have not enjoyed a group of inter-related books so much in a long, long time. Even though she has started a new series, the Fire series, I’m hoping that Anne Stuart might write another book in the Ice Series some day. While I was some what disappointed in book 7, Risk The Night, I can understand how hard it is to create a book length story in 47 pages. The storyline, hero, and heroine just didn’t click for me in this one.

It’s so hard to pick a favorite from these books but I think book 6, On Thin Ice, and book number 4, Ice Storm would be in a tie as my favorite. I will always think fondly of Black Ice and Bastien since it was my introduction to the series. And who can forget Peter in Cold As Ice?

I decided to not read the two Fire series books right now so that I have something to look forward to. Hope now to dig around in my TBR boxes for something maybe as good, and also I will look up suggestions from this thread to read too. Thanks for those!

Lindareads

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Anne Stuart Ice Series
Your information: