Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Asexual/Demisexual Romances Reply To: Asexual/Demisexual Romances

Nan De Plume
Participant

“Other than those I can’t think of any historical or contemporary romance off the top of my head that feature a bisexual heroine although I am sure there are others out there.”

In the HR category, I have two Cat Sebastian recs for bisexual heroines: A Duke in Disguise and A Little Light Mischief. The A Duke in Disguise is a Regency m/f romance with a cinnamon role hero and a prickly heroine who had a relationship with a woman who might have been a character in an earlier story (I’m not sure; it’s been a while since I’ve read it). A Little Light Mischief is a nice Regency f/f novella that is way, way too short in my opinion. One of the heroines is an earthy lady’s maid who has had relationships with both men and women, and the other heroine is a companion who only has eyes for other women.

Oh! Then there’s The Care and Feeding of Waspish Widows by Olivia Waite, an f/f that features one heroine who is a widowed middle-aged mother who befriends and later falls in love with a beekeeper who is married to a gay man. I highly recommend this one if you haven’t read it already, largely because a lot of it feels so believable for the time period. Also, it is a nice change of pace from a lot of the instalust plots out there in that the heroines start off in a strictly business relationship, become friends, and then ease themselves into a lovely, slow burn secret romance.

For CR, one of the two heroines in the f/f frenemies-to-lovers road trip romance Hairpin Curves is bisexual. Also an enjoyable read.