Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler)
Cavanaugh Encounter by Marie Ferrarella:
The heroine kept secret that a serial killer’s latest victim was her cousin in order to work the case. The hero started off as a condescending jerk. His attitude was exasperating. The heroine flip-flopped continually. The plot was very paint-by-numbers and not helped by the fact the detectives all acted as if they’d never investigated a case before. I wished the hero’s partner and his wife had more page time as they were the best part. The series can be fun, but this book was a disappointing read.

The Cocktail Challenge
Bloodhound – Read a book where the h/h has a dog.
All I Am by Nicole Helm – hero has six dogs:
The heroine felt she was a screw up and was too often dismissive of her own abilities. The hero had been injured in the Army and now owned an organic dog biscuit business. I liked that they actively worked on their personal issues and changing behavior. I also appreciated that the hero had had professional therapy. They each made mistakes and the conflicts and setbacks were well-integrated into the story. The book had a slow start, but overall a great mix of humor, angst, and family dynamics.

• The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: 11 down, 6 to go…
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: 9 down, 8 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 11 down, 6 to go…
  • The Cocktail Challenge: 15 down, 2 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 10 down, 7 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): 3 down, 14 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!