Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The Alphabet Challenge Variation
O = Outlaw Cowboy by Nicole Helm:
It was nice to see the hero working to turn his life around after seeing him wallow in his misery in the first book. I had sympathy for the heroine, but she acted totally unreasonable at the start. After a frustrating beginning, the book improved in the second half (though the ending was anti-climactic). Ultimately my issues were more with the plot than the characters. There were parts I enjoyed and I liked the h/h as a couple, but overall an uneven read. Still I am looking forward to the youngest sister’s book.

The Breakfast Cereal Challenge
Special K (1955) = This cereal is marketed as a way to lose weight. Read a romance in which the hero or heroine undergoes some sort of makeover. Or read a romance where the hero or heroine’s name begins with the letter K.
Deadly Testimony by Piper J Drake – hero’s name is Kyle:
The hero was haughty and disdainful of people who bored him. He was a protected witness, but after one attempt on his life he independently hired the heroine as an extra bodyguard, much to the chagrin of the US Marshal and local police on his protection detail. He seemed more interested in exploring his attraction to the heroine than allowing her to do her job. He acknowledged that it was inappropriate, but it didn’t stop him from trying to take advantage at every opportunity. There was a lot of info dumping about food—the hero was a definite foodie snob. The suspense plot took a few unexpected twists. Even though the hero often acted like a jerk he was an intriguing character. I wanted to know more about the heroine since it was the hero’s issues which drove the plot. Despite some quibbles, the book was an entertaining read.

• The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: 13 down, 4 to go…
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: 10 down, 7 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 12 down, 5 to go…
  • The Cocktail Challenge: 15 down, 2 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 11 down, 6 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): 4 down, 13 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!