Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler)
Contingency Plan by Robyn Bachar:
This book started soon after the events in the first book. The h/h had more questions than answers, but one clue led to another until they were off on another aspect to the mission. The hero had lost an arm in the war and with his prosthetic malfunctioning felt he was more of a hindrance than a help. The heroine had unknowingly betrayed her shipmates due to the implant in her brain. The mystery of her past was intriguing and there were several nice twists. I really liked the h/h, both individually and as a couple, but it was the heroine who made the book for me. As with the first book, the emphasis was often on the action rather than the romance so I wish we’d had more of an epilogue or time spent with the h/h together. But overall another well-matched couple with great chemistry and a very entertaining read. Can’t wait for the final book in the trilogy.

The Breakfast Cereal Challenge
Corn Flakes (1907) = Read a romance in which the hero or heroine is a farmer or lives on a farm or ranch.
All I Want by Nicole Helm – heroine lives on a farm:
I admit to loving many a small town romance, but the message that the big city = bad, small town = good grew tiresome many, many books ago. After a very bad day for each of them the h/h had a drunken one-night stand neither clearly remembered and she ended up pregnant. The heroine tended to repeatedly jump to conclusions and both of them were too judgmental at times. The book improved in the second half though both the h/h did things seemingly only to extend the conflict. I ended up liking both characters, but overall the book was a very frustrating read. Still a nice wrap up to the Farmers’ Market series.

• The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: 15 down, 2 to go…
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: 11 down, 6 to go …
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 13 down, 4 to go…
  • The Cocktail Challenge: 15 down, 2 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 11 down, 6 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): 6 down, 11 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!