Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler)
Up in Smoke by Tessa Bailey:
The h/h were instantly attracted to each other but it worked for the story. They each had deep psychological issues which could have used professional counseling (though to be fair the heroine had gone through therapy while in prison, but with a less than competent psychiatrist). The plot was a well-balanced mix of the case the team was investigating and the h/h’s backstories. The fact nearly all of this author’s heroes need to dominate in the bedroom can be repetitive, but this heroine’s aversion to touch at least mixed things up for a while. I liked the hero’s mother. The suspense plot was anticlimactic but overall a fun read.

The Cocktail Challenge
Incredible Hulk – Read a book where the h or h has a dual identity or where they are pretending to be someone they are not or where they are a contradiction (virgin sex therapist, virgin erotica writer, virgin prostitute/mistress etc.)
Stone Cold Undercover Agent by Nicole Helm – hero is pretending to be someone he is not:
This book took place concurrently with the first book in the series, but there weren’t many repeated scenes from these characters’ POV. We learned the fate of the one-dimensional mustache-twirling über-villain in the first book, but his character wasn’t any more convincing in this book. The heroine had been held captive for eight years; the hero had been deep undercover for two. They somehow magically had tons of time to spend alone together. I actually liked the h/h more than the characters from the first book, particularly the hero, but the plot did not work for me at all. I wish we had the ability to do spoilers as I can’t list other specific issues, but…ugh! Another disappointing read.

• The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: 16 down, 1 to go…
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: 14 down, 3 to go …
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 16 down, 1 to go…
  • The Cocktail Challenge: 16 down, 1 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 12 down, 5 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): 14 down, 3 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!