Home Forums After Hours Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers Included* Thread Reply To: Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers Included* Thread

Maggie Boyd
Keymaster

Highlights of last nights episode:

The return of the Arya/Sansa relationship. In the books, Arya had been close to Jon and pretty much hated Sansa, nice to see that old habits die hard.
The scene with Sam and Gilly: So cool that we now know Rhaeger’s marriage had been annulled and that Jon is probably a legitimate heir to the throne.
The return of Gendry Baratheon: Awesome!
Bron: Dragons are a deal breaker! Bron has a good instinct for picking the winning side so I will be watching his allegiances closely as we finish out our remaining seasons.

The Low Lights: Damn near everything else.
Littlefinger: That manipulative, murderous monster! What is he trying to do by opening the gulf between Sansa and Arya? I imagine it’s eliminate Arya as she would stand between him and Sansa but I swear if GoT goes that route I will . . . . well, there’s not much I can do but I sure wish I could do something mean back to them!
Jon’s brilliant White Walker plan: Snorts, yeah good luck with that! If it had been me, I’d have asked to borrow a dragon. It wouldn’t take long for one of them to burn the heck of out the Night King’s army. Or maybe Davos’s should have tried to steal some of Cersei’s green fire. Something better than what they have going now. And while we are talking of this, Dany flies now (via dragon). Why not put Jon on the back with her and find out the truth for herself?
Jamie/Tyrion meeting: First, Tyrion needs to get over himself. This is not the time to be soft, when they’ve just won their one and only victory. Two, how did he know Jamie had survived? Where did the miracle message to Bron come from? Seriously, where is this meant to be going other than to give Davos the excuse to rescue Gendry?
The continued character assassination of Cersei Lannister: Why couldn’t she show some remorse at being wrong about Tyrion? Why does she have to be such a complete and total monster? Yes, the prophecy but really let’s throw some shades of gray at her!
The baby: Uhm, no. The prophecy said Cersei would have three kids and then be murdered by the little brother. Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.
Valonqar means little or younger brother so it could be Jamie or Tyrion or really any man who is a younger brother. The prophecy does not say her younger brother, though most are convinced it is Tyrion or Jamie I think Jamie might in either rage or to save her from people’s vengeance. Anyway, why add this “pregnancy”? Just a waste of time, imo.

Definitely not as strong an episode as last weeks.