Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay
Fighting Kat by PJ Schnyder:
This full-length story featured the same h/h as the introductory novella. It provided a different take on shapeshifting, with the heroine having been forcibly infected with a virus that allowed her to shift into a panther. The hero was part of a special forces team. When his unit was taken captive the h/h went undercover to mount a rescue. However, not everyone in his chain of command wanted to see them succeed. The dog made a nice addition to the supporting cast of characters. A few plot quibbles, but overall an entertaining read. Bummed to see that the series hasn’t continued as though this was a complete story the book left several loose ends in the overarching plot. Plus I would simply love to read more about the h/h as well as her captain.

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – novellas
Star Cruise: Songbird by Veronica Scott:
This was part of the Embrace the Romance: Pets in Space 2 anthology and I loved the hero’s “pet” bird. The heroine was a mega singing star traveling on the luxury cruise ship where the hero was temporarily working as part of the security team. She was near the end of her ten year contract and her greedy manager wanted her to re-sign. The romance worked much better for me than the suspense-light plot which started strong, but felt very anti-climactic in the end. Nonetheless an entertaining read.

• Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 16 down, 1 to go…
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay: 3 down, 14 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): completed!
  • The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: completed!
  • The Cocktail Challenge: completed!
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: completed!
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Replay: completed!