Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay
The Talon of the Hawk by Jeffe Kennedy:
The heroine was the eldest sister and had been raised as heir to the high throne. She took her duty to their people very seriously and was reluctant to betray her father despite mounting evidence of his unworthiness (because of his station more so than their biological connection). She’d protected her younger sisters from the worst of their father’s abuse. The political machinations seeded in the earlier books came to fruition. I suspected the heroine’s secret early on, but had hoped to be wrong. The h/h were well-matched. Their romance was slow to build and though there was some angst involved it was also filled with humor and joy. The heroine’s refusal to see her father’s true nature was frustrating. The questioning of loyalties toward the end felt forced, so thankfully did not last long. Despite the quibbles overall a very entertaining read.

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – novellas
Hold Her Again by Shannon Stacey:
The hero had dumped the heroine six years prior to pursue what had previously been their joint dream of a singing career. Despite having tried to move on, the heroine was still in love with him. The hero used the excuse of his father’s funeral to come back to their small town. I could have used more groveling from the hero. The author did a good job of making me sympathize with the heroine but also see the hero’s reasons. I didn’t have an issue with the mistake he’d made so much as the fact he hadn’t tried to reconnect much sooner. There were some fun and touching moments and a dash of humor. But overall not one of my favorites.

• Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay: 5 down, 12 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): completed!
  • The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: completed!
  • The Cocktail Challenge: completed!
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: completed!
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Replay: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: completed!