Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay
The Pages of the Mind by Jeffe Kennedy:
This heroine has been one of my favorite characters since the first book. Her hero did not appear until well into the story. Though mainly focused on the heroine and company’s journey, much of this earlier third of the book was spent setting up the couple in the next book which was irksome. The story then went in a very different direction. The heroine’s refusal to commit to her new circumstances was understandable, but I wished some of their other conflicts had been given more page time as they felt glossed over. I also wished the ending had been longer. But overall it setup more intriguing puzzle pieces to the world. The romance mostly worked for me, but I wished we’d had more time with the hero. Overall a fun and enchanting read.

The Edge of the Blade by Jeffe Kennedy: The hero started as a complete chauvinist pig from a society who believed women were either wives or bed-slaves. Thankfully he underwent a convincing attitude adjustment over the course of the book. The heroine was often compared to a porcupine which was an apt description of her personality. A somewhat uneven read. The h/h each got on my last nerve at times, but overall I found them to be a well-matched couple and their HEA convincing which was no easy task. I have no interest in reading more books set in the hero’s home country as I would much rather read more about the thirteen kingdoms. That said I will no doubt still read her upcoming spin-off trilogy as well as the remaining books in this series.

• Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay: 8 down, 9 to go…
  • The 20th Century Challenge: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): completed!
  • The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: completed!
  • The Cocktail Challenge: completed!
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: completed!
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Replay: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: completed!

Note: my count was off in the previous post. Oops