Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

Maggie Boyd
Keymaster

Chrysanthemum- A chrysanthemum is the symbol of the throne of Japan. Read a romance set in Japan or anywhere in Asia. Clockwork Samurai Jeannie Lin I didn’t like this one as much as the first but that said I still enjoyed this story of Soling and Chang-Wei kicking ass in feudal Japan. I think my main problem with the tale was that the story didn’t go anywhere: we essentially left our two characters in exactly the same position we found them in. The new characters introduced were actually doppelgangers for the characters we already have. Just no momentum or growth here at all. The last scene did set up potential problems so it will be interesting to see where the author takes it.

Paper Roses – They are only artificial. Read a sci-fi novel or a book with characters pretending to be someone they are not. Sci-fiction Netherwood Michele Lang In the future, life is lived primarily in cyberspace. Talia loves the dark side of the web, the Netherwood where the rules are never quite what they seem. Here, her lover The Avenger has shown her sides of herself she never knew. Now, as sheriff, she finds herself in the awkward position of hunting him in the Real World, a place where few go and no one really wants to be. But the more Talia hunts him, the more she realizes she may just be on the wrong side of this issue.

The writing here was childish, the plotting convoluted. Maybe if I were more of a gamer or someone who lived more online I would have felt differently but this book fell flat for me.

The Floral Challenge – ten down,seven to go.
Cocktail Challenge – complete!
Letter Q Challenge – complete!