Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR Seventeen in 17 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay
Aydarr by Veronica Scott:
The heroine woke up alone in a strange forest on an unknown planet. Kidnapped along with much of her colony, the heroine joined forced with the hero who was part of a bio-engineered group being studied by alien scientists. The heroine was smart and resourceful. She did get some help from an unexpected source which was a lot of fun. The romance took a bit of a backseat to the setup and introduction of many sequel bait characters, particularly in the middle section of the story. I wish their relationship had gotten more page time as I liked them as a couple. But overall a very entertaining action/adventure romance. I am looking forward to both more in this spin-off series as well as the original Sectors series next year.

Storm Warning by Nora Roberts: I’ve had this book in my TBR list for a very long time *mumble,mumbleoveradecademumble*. First published in 1984 parts of the book felt very dated, most particularly the hero’s attitude. He was as a complete jerk to the heroine for most of the book (not even counting the casual rape threats even if he did eventually apologize). The heroine truly suspected him of murder and yet planned to destroy the evidence that would have proven his guilt. She came across as wishy washy. There were a few interesting secondary characters but the murder mystery was bland and the killer obvious from before the murder actually happened. Overall a very uneven read but one I’m glad to finally check off from my TBR mountain.

I discovered some new-to-me authors and completed all of my reading goals for the year. Now looking forward to 2018’s challenges.

• The 20th Century Challenge: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler): completed!
  • The Breakfast Cereal Challenge: completed!
  • The Cocktail Challenge: completed!
  • Seventeen Magazine(s)! Challenge: completed!
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Replay: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: completed!
  • Simply Seventeen Challenge (The Whittler) – Repeat Replay: completed!