Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The Shoe Challenge
Athleisure – Fashion sportswear that is inspired by both athletic and leisure elements. Read a book where the h/h work in the leisure industry (hotel, vacation planner, tour guide etc)
The River House by Carla Neggers – heroine runs a party planning business:
The h/h had been BFFs until a falling out three years prior to the start of the story. The hero had always wanted out of their small town but was at loose ends after selling his latest start-up company. The characters from the previous books in the series either put in an appearance or they were all mentioned—complete with a mini-synopsis of how they met—which led to too much info-dumping, but at least the hero acknowledged it. Even though this series is set in a small town I have always liked that the big city is not treated as bad. The heroine had moved back simply because it was a more affordable place to live. I liked the h/h as a couple, but the book was not one of my instant favorites.

Riding boots – Horse racing is the sport of kings. Read a book where the h/h is a member of the nobility.
Ivan by Kit Rocha – heroine is a princess:
Though set in a post-apocalyptic world, much of this story took place in what amounted to a Regency-like house party: mothers and chaperones vying to grasp the most advantageous marriage for their children and not above using them as political pawns. I did get lost trying to keep the extended family connections straight. I read the earlier books in this series, but I was never quite sure what was supposed to be common knowledge vs newly revealed information since I did not read the original series. The romance between the h/h, filled with a balance of angst, humor, and joy, made the book for me. An enjoyable read.

• Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 2 down, 16 to go…
  • The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge: 4 down, 14 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation : 4 down, 14 to go…
  • The Catchphrase Challenge: 1 down, 17 to go…
  • The 21st Century Challenge : 7 down, 11 to go…
  • The Shoe Challenge: 2 down, 16 to go…