Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas
Long Ride Home by Elizabeth Hunter:
Many characters were mentioned and there were more questions than answers, but this novella was a nice introduction for the series. I really liked the deceased husband.

The 21st Century Challenge
2013 = Shifting Dreams by Elizabeth Hunter (published Aug 2013) :
Three years in book time had passed since the introductory novella. The heroine was reluctant to get involved. The hero had been hired as chief of police and quickly realized the townspeople were all keeping secrets. I knew from the blurb there would be a murder, but the victim took me by surprise. I understood why the town wanted the hero kept in the dark, but I sympathized more with his POV. The romance took time to develop. I loved the relationships the hero built with the heroine’s sons. I had quibbles with the way some events were glossed over but overall a very enjoyable read.

Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas
Five Mornings by Elizabeth Hunter:
This novella gave more background on characters we met in book one who will be the h/h of book two. It made it clear that their break-up was a result of communication issues and they were each equally responsible. It would not work as a stand-alone, but I appreciated the extra insights.

The Catchphrase Challenge
“What’s up, Doc?” Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) – Read a romance where the h/h work in the medical industry in some capacity.
Desert Bound by Elizabeth Hunter – heroine is doctor:
This book delved into the complicated relationships between the various families in town. The conflict between the h/h felt forced as it was one-dimensional. I had issues with the way the h/h were both derisive toward certain characters. Even though we didn’t get to know him well, I really liked the murder victim and was sad he was killed. The mystery was intriguing and I enjoyed the exploration of the h/h’s differing family dynamics as well as the set-up for the next book.

• Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 4 down, 14 to go…
  • The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge: 4 down, 14 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation : 4 down, 14 to go…
  • The Catchphrase Challenge: 2 down, 16 to go…
  • The 21st Century Challenge : 13 down, 5 to go…
  • The Shoe Challenge: 2 down, 16 to go…