Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The Alphabet Challenge Variation
O = Ocean Light by Nalini Singh:
I’ve wanted this hero’s story since he was introduced in book 6 of the original series. His fate was left in dire straits in the previous book. Things started slowly and meandered a lot with most of the action packed into the final quarter of the book, but this pacing worked well for the story. There were a number of fun twists and a few genuine surprises. We were introduced to a bunch of new characters. Appearances by previous characters not directly related to the plot were limited to a select few. The quibbles I had with the story were more about what was left out than the plot or characters. Most of the book was set with the water changelings which I enjoyed, but I wanted to read more about the Human Alliance and learn about the hero’s friends. I also wished we’d had more page time with the heroine’s cousin and her mate (I’m hoping for a later novella!). There were some major advances in the overall story arc, but the heart of this book was the romance. The h/h had wonderful chemistry together. A very enjoyable read and another compelling entry in the series.

• Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 6 down, 12 to go…
  • The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge: 9 down, 9 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation : 13 down, 5 to go…
  • The Catchphrase Challenge: 6 down, 12 to go…
  • The Shoe Challenge: 6 down, 12 to go…
  • The 21st Century Challenge : completed!