Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas
Mistletoe Maverick by Shannon Curtis:
The heroine’s bff had recently died giving her guardianship of the bff’s two kids. The heroine had sold the children’s home to pay off bills and moved from California to a small town in Texas where the hero was sheriff. A lot of the limited page time was spent with the h/h each contemplating how attractive they found the other, which worked in the beginning chapter but seemed woefully out of place while they were fighting for their lives. The children were more caricatures than characters. The villains were the same. The h/h were each likeable characters and their romance had potential but needed more page time to develop. A disappointing read.

The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge
I for ignite — Read a “hot” or erotic romance. Or read a romance where the heroine and/or hero is a fireman.
Under Control by Shannon Stacey – hero is a firefighter:
The h/h met when they were trapped in an elevator for a short time. The hero was a firefighter; the heroine owned a productivity systems consulting firm. Neither was looking for a relationship, but when they crossed paths again at a charity board meeting they soon began dating. The hero was divorced with two kids. He was still friends with his ex-wife and tended to take things as they came. The heroine was very much a planner and needed structure to her days. They had some issues getting their lives to mesh, but each worked at their relationship. I loved the fact the story focused on their friendships and relationships with their co-workers and families as well as the joy and uncertainty of their developing romance. A wonderful slice-of-life story filled with humor about two nice characters falling in love. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.

• Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 9 down, 9 to go…
  • The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge: 14 down, 4 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation : 16 down, 2 to go…
  • The Catchphrase Challenge: 14 down, 4 to go…
  • The Shoe Challenge: 15 down, 3 to go…
  • Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler): 3 down, 15 to go…
  • The 21st Century Challenge: completed!