Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 18 in 2018 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas
The Valentine Challenge by Marisa Cleveland:
The heroine overheard the hero acting as a jerk discussing how he did not want to hire her as his assistant since she was pretty which obviously meant she dated a lot and would undoubtedly fall in love with him. Believing the hero planned to vote to close her bff’s flower shop days before Valentine’s Day she pointed out that was a very lucrative day for flower shops. Rather than explain there was no plan to close the shop, he decided he liked it when she was angry so told her that he accepted her challenge to prove love existed before Valentine’s Day. His condescending attitude lasted for much too long. The heroine had a crush on him despite his treatment. In less than a day they went on date that turned into a one-night stand. He conveniently forgot to tell the heroine he’d had her transferred to a different department. He didn’t grovel nearly enough and only apologized about his lies when confronted. While the romance ultimately didn’t work for me I would try this new-to-me author again.

Her Royal Rendezvous by Natasha Moore: The heroine was related to the royal family, but considered a commoner and served as the palace doctor. The hero was the head of security. They’d been engaged, but broke up when he continually put his job first so she’d quit to work at a hospital. Two years later they met again at her cousin’s wedding. They agreed to spend one last night together. The ending would have been more believable if they’d actually discussed their problems instead of simply deciding to get engaged again. Overall a disappointing read.

• Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler) – Novellas: 11 down, 7 to go…
  • The 18 in 18 Phonics Challenge: 14 down, 4 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation : 17 down, 1 to go…
  • The Catchphrase Challenge: 14 down, 4 to go…
  • The Shoe Challenge: 16 down, 2 to go…
  • Easy Eighteen Challenge (The Whittler): 3 down, 15 to go…
  • The 21st Century Challenge: completed!