Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The 19 in 19 Phonics Challenge
E for epic — Read a fantasy romance.
Warrior of the World by Jeffe Kennedy:
The final book in this trilogy opened with the heroine recovering from the events in book two. The romance finally took center stage, though this book was still very much her story. I loved seeing the heroine truly come into her own, grapple with her past, and find her balance. It was also gratifying to spend more time with the hero’s family. Plus more elephants! No spoilers, but I am now even more anxiously awaiting the final book in the Twelve Kingdoms/Uncharted Realms series. An endearing romance with a nice blend of personal exploration, family dynamics, courtship, and humor.

E for enigma — Read a mystery romance or romantic suspense
Untouchable by Jayne Ann Krentz:
The lucid dreaming subplot and the power of positive thinking reminded me of several of the author’s past books. After so much buildup, the resolution of the trilogy’s main mystery was somewhat lackluster. Thankfully were a few twists in the latter half of the book as well as plenty of humor. I enjoyed the h/h and their romance, but not quite an instant favorite.

• The 20th Century Challenge: 1 down, 18 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 1 down, 18 to go…
  • The 19 in 19 Phonics Challenge: 2 down, 17 to go…