Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The Alphabet Challenge Variation
E = Engaging the Enemy by Reese Ryan:
The h/h had been bffs in grade school until he’d betrayed her to fit in with the popular crowd. He didn’t see what he’d done as a problem at the start of the story. He finally acknowledged to himself how much he’d hurt her, but took a long time to actually apologize. I wished they’d discussed that particular situation together on page as the heroine deserved so much better. The hero wanted to prove to his father he should be appointed the next CEO of the family company so was determined to buy her building as it was needed to complete a secret project. The heroine made attending a destination wedding as her fake fiancé part of the deal. While angsty at times, the story was imbued with a sense of joy. Despite my issues with the hero overall I enjoyed their romance. But it was the heroine who made the book truly shine.

• The 20th Century Challenge: 2 down, 17 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 10 down, 9 to go…
  • The 19 in 19 Phonics Challenge: 11 down, 8 to go…
  • The Nonchalant Nineteen Challenge (The Whittler) — novellas: 2 down, 17 to go…
  • And The Award Goes To… Challenge: 11 down, 8 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation Reprise: 2 down, 17 to go…