Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge Reply To: The AAR 19 in 2019 Reading Challenge

library addict
Participant

The Alphabet Challenge Variation
G = Renegade (originally published as Maverick) by Cindy Gerard:
The heroine had inherited half a ranch. The hero’s father left half to his son and daughter and the other half to his former foreman’s daughter. The hero was often obnoxious and overbearing. Thankfully he eventually owned up to his unfair behavior, but I wished he had done so much earlier. The villains were obvious so the suspense subplot did not work for me. The book had clearly been updated for its digital release as one of the musicians referenced wasn’t around when it was originally published in 1991, yet no one had cell phones. I wish there’d been more page time for the hero’s house guest as she was my favorite character. There was some humor, but too many issues with the characters and plot made for a frustrating read.

The Nonchalant Nineteen Challenge (The Whittler) — novellas
Taken by Rebecca Zanetti:
The h/h had bonded as foster kids and fallen in love, but had broken up five years earlier when they were each having trouble dealing with the death of another one of their bffs as well as various other issues. I liked that they had each received professional counseling in the interim. They were reunited during the search for the hero’s half-brother whom he’d never known about. Even with the unresolved feelings between them the h/h were still able to act as the long-time friends they were. The fact they now made an effort to communicate with one another made their reunion believable. As a bonus, this story offered insight into the hero of the next full-length book in the series. Overall a captivating romance with a good blend of humor, angst, and found family.

• The 20th Century Challenge: 2 down, 17 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation: 12 down, 7 to go…
  • The 19 in 19 Phonics Challenge: 12 down, 7 to go…
  • The Nonchalant Nineteen Challenge (The Whittler) — novellas: 3 down, 16 to go…
  • And The Award Goes To… Challenge: 12 down, 7 to go…
  • The Alphabet Challenge Variation Reprise: 5 down, 14 to go…