Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum Five favorite romances of all time I'd love to start this up again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking about this list for myself and how fluid it is. I suspect that’s not true though for most romance readers. Thoughts?

Kay
    Participant

Hating Game by Sally Thorne
    Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh
    Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
    Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
    As You Desire by Connie Brockway

library addict
    Participant

I agree the top 5 are somewhat fluid. Reading tastes can change over time plus (hopefully) new gems are discovered.

For today my top 5 (in no particular order):

• Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
    • Memory in Death by JD Robb
    • Show No Mercy by Cindy Gerard
    • Ravished by Amanda Quick
    • Love a Little Sideways by Shannon Stacey

Though as before I could easily list my top 5 favorite Psy/Changeling books or my top 5 favorite In Death books, but stuck to the “rules” and just listed one each.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Wow! I haven’t read any of those. There are just too many of the Death books! I read the first one and then got intimidated.

chrisreader
    Participant

I think my list can be fluid in terms of specific books-depending on my mood and what I have recently read or re-read, but the authors take longer to change.

For instance Joanna Bourne would top my list for sure, but I could go back and forth between a few of hers in terms of which is my absolute favorite on that particular day. Lisa Kleypas is another author where I would be hard pressed to pick just one out of all her books that I enjoyed most. Ditto Quick/Krentz/Castle etc. Meredith Duran’s spot would be a battle between my most favored few and don’t even get me going on Carla Kelly- some days I can’t decide which of hers is my favorite just among her “Marrying” trilogy. Bec McMaster is another author with many well loved choices for me in a few different series. Probably each author could take up the top five on their own on a given day.

Somewhere along the years Suzanne Brockmann got knocked out of my very top authors list. I can’t identify exactly when it happened, or when I stopped picking her books up to re-read, I just know now it happened. Linda Howard was someone I would periodically forget about in the rush of finding new authors, but would always enjoy again when I went back to re-read. Her writing style never got stale for me unlike some other authors like Garwood that I felt I “outgrew”.

So I guess this is my windy way of saying my top five books could definitely change from day to day but my top authors are less fluid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.