Home Forums Romance Potpourri Forum It's a new AAR! What do you think?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

And while I commenting, I am now doing so from my iPad, and if the powers-that-be are reading this, I cannot expand or reduce the size of the forum pages–something I’ve never encountered with any other website.

Great point, HBO. The reverse is true too. The box size stays the same even if there is just one line of text in it. It may look nice and uniform but I find it cumbersome, what with more paging up and down,

I’d also like to see the CONNECTION box be a dropdown like the old board so there’s no so many keystrokes to maneuver between the boards. Obviously I’m one more for fewer keystrokes and ease of maneuvering which ends with faster results.

Karat

I understand the site is still in Beta-testing, and that a new version will roll out this fall (according to an AAR tweet that appeared on the home page) but my first suggestion is that AAR have ONE page for suggestions/comments on the new site, instead of having multiple “what do you think of our new site” pages–it’s hard to keep track of/remember the many pro/con suggestions that are meant to help improve the site.

I second this suggestion.

Karat

I think it’s length. If you go to the challenge thread, you can see what I posted. If you respond, don’t be lengthy. 😉

Sandlynn, I think that it might be the length, but it might also be a problem with copy and pasting from another document. When I was copying the challenges from the old website to this board, I got the same message you received (“Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access /forums/topic/sweet-16-reading-challenge/ on this server.”).
    I thought it was the length, so I decided to separate the original post in multiple separate entries. Then I realized that while some of the separate entries were still quite long (e.g., “The Basketball Edition”), I had no problems posting them, while one particular entry, “Age 16” (which was actually shorter than some of the posts I had just submitted), kept getting the same error message. And I was trying to copy it from a Word document to here. So I tried a couple of other things until one of my attempts worked: I copied the entire text from the old website to Excel as unformatted text, and then copied it back to here, and it worked… I have no idea why this particular “solution” worked, or why none of the other longer posts generated an error message. I just think the issue is not (or not just) a matter of length.

library addict

I had a lot of trouble at first with length. Also, when the board first opened, I got that “forbidden” message a number of times when I tried to add italics or bold (this has since been fixed).

I’ve been able to post my last two reviews for the reading challenge with no issues and I also write them in Word and then copy & paste (doesn’t seem to prevent me from making typos though – lol). So I don’t think it’s a copy & paste or cut & paste issue.

Blackjack

I was able to copy and paste my Nalini Singh Rock Hard review today but I had to break it up into smaller segments, and so it looks like a length issue. Copying and pasting worked fine, but the long length wouldn’t post in one comment box.

Eliza

I noticed the updating of new posts is not synchronized between the home page and the individual topics. Yo get around this I was re’loading the whole site, but that didn’t work, so I’m hitting refresh most of the time and that does work. Just thought I’d mention it.

Blackjack

Eliza…

“I noticed the updating of new posts is not synchronized between the home page and the individual topics. Yo get around this I was re’loading the whole site, but that didn’t work, so I’m hitting refresh most of the time and that does work. Just thought I’d mention it.”

Thanks for that tip! It does work, though hopefully this is a problem that can be fixed by tech people soon.

Mark

The behavior of the boards just got a little worse today (I’m using the Opera browser).
    I’m now having to force each page to update by hitting enter in the address bar after getting to the page. The page before might have listed x posts of y age, but when I click the link the page shows x – v posts of z age, the contents on a previous visit. It wasn’t doing this yesterday. I tried the browser reload command on one page, but that forced more activity than simply hitting enter in the address bar.

Eliza

This is about the third time I’ve seen thiis bug. On the main message board it says that Sandlynn made a post 10 minutes ago, yet when you open the particular site–this one Popourri– there are no threads where Sandlynn is the last poster. IOW the main boards and the indiivudal board are out of sync–even with mutiple refreshes of the pages at both sites,

Eliza

To followu up immediately on my previous post here, after that post was submitted, the Potpourri thread said 1 minute ago, and when i clicked on Potpourri box again, Sandlynn’s comment came up this time–after mine on a different thread andsaid 1 hour 10 ten minutes ago.. Very weird bug.

gracec

I noticed an improvement in website loading time using IE, so thank you!

I also love the Steals and Deals section, complete with pictures, reviews, and links. I totally blame this section for a marked increase in my Kindle books spending :)

Eliza

Sometimes when I post a link I get a pic instead of the link. Since more links print correctly than not, and since I post links the same way each time, I assume it’s a bug.

Blackjack

I’ve noticed in the past two days that the site needs refreshing to indicate that new posts are available, and the timing is off on the clock for when people actually submit posts.

Ta

Test, because it hasn’t worked any time I’ve tried :(

Ta

Darn it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.