Home Forums All Things Romance Kindle Questions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for an easier way to manage all of my books on my kindle. I see there is a program called Kindlian that can be used to manage the Kindle using Windows. Has anyone tried this? I am open to any other recommendations. I find it challenging to move the books into Collections using my Kindle. Thanks

• Dabney Grinnan
      Keymaster

This is a tough one. You used to be able to use Calibre but several Kindles ago Amazon changed the way it stored books and Calibre couldn’t read collections anymore.

If you have an earlier Kindle, you could try Calibre.

• Anne Marble
      Participant

If you bought the Kindle books through Amazon, you can add them to categories on the Amazon site. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page (http://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/content/booksAll/dateDsc/), select the books you want to add collections, and then click Add to Collections.

Unfortunately, they don’t let you do that with Docs, even if you they are now on your cloud. :( I bought about a dozen DRM-free eBooks from StoryBundle and had to move them to categories one at a time on my Kindle. :(

• Blackjack
        Participant

Thanks, Anne. I didn’t know Amazon allowed Kindle customers to organize books on their site. That is very helpful!

• Kay
      Participant

Wow, I did not know that Categories is part of Manage Your Content. I like that it shows which books I have already added to collections so I don’t have to worry about doubling up. This is great. This will be an easy way to organize my books and be reminded of favorites I want to reread. Thanks so much.

• Anne Marble
        Participant

I only found out because of a kind soul at an ebook site who pointed it out. :) They sure don’t make it obvious, do they? :\

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All Things Romance’ is closed to new topics and replies.