Home Forums Romance Potpourri Forum Recommendation Needed-Historical Romance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All I want to do is curl up under a warm blanket with a cup of coffee and a historical romance that gives me the warm and fuzzies! I would be eternally grateful for any recommendations you would like to send my way.

Things I avoid in books: physical/sexual abuse at the hands of the hero, dubious sexual consent, and secret babies, not overly fond of pirates either but will read it if highly recommended.

Some of my favourite authors include: Courtney Milan, Sherry Thomas, Meredith Duran, Tessa Dare, Julia Quinn, Julie Anne Long, Lisa Klyepas (from her glory days i.e Devil in Winter, her recent books have been hit or miss) and Alissa Johnson.

A thousand thank yous!

Kay
    Participant

I have watched your post to see if anyone would respond because you like similar authors as I do. It is always hard for me to log in here, but I just got lucky and was able to log in. You may already have read the ones I am recommending. I would also be interested to see your short list of favorite books by favorite authors.

Loretta Chase: I like all of her books but her most recent is the first book in a new series, A Duke in Shining Armor. I saw in her recent blog that she hopes to have the next book in the series about the Duke of Ashmont (who is estranged from his wife) out in 2019.
    Kelly Bowen, Between the Devil and the Duke, was reviewed here and got an A-.
    I like Elizabeth Hoyt’s books but have not read her newest yet. It hasn’t gotten as good of reviews so I’m waiting on the list at the library. I liked Duke of Sin and The Serpent Prince the best.
    Grace Burrowes books are hit and miss for me but I liked My One and Only Duke, No Other Duke Will Do, and an Anthology called Christmas in the Duke’s Arms (the story with the pet rabbits.)
    Emma Wildes had an ebook out, Isn’t He Wicked, a few years ago. I like her older books like Lessons from a Scarlet Lady. I don’t think she’s writing historicals anymore.
    Connie Brockway’s As You Desire is an old favorite that takes place in Egypt.
    Jayne Fresina had one I liked some years back called True Story.
    Lorraine Heath had an older one called The Duke and the Lady in Red that I liked and it got a B+ review here.
    Do you like Mary Balogh? One of my favorite books is Slightly Dangerous. I haven’t been able to get into her latest, Someone to Trust.
    I used to love all of Edith Layton’s books especially The Duke’s Wager and Love in Disguise. I miss her.
    Amanda Quick’s Mistress and Reckless are wonderful. I love all of her books and always appreciate her humor.
    Eloisa James When Beauty Tamed the Beast got a B review here but its my favorite of her books.
    If you haven’t used the Special Title Listings here, I would recommend checking them out. I found a lot of great books from them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.