Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Thanks for the positive comments, Eggletina – I completely agree with what you’ve said about the way that certain software updates cause havoc! If seems these days that things are obsolete the minute they’re released!

If you ever come across reviews that are wrongly attributed or have information missing, feel free to let me know and I’ll fix it if I can :)

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Sonya,

Are you still having this happen? I don’t have that problem.

Lynda X

The home page has not changed for about 10-14 days. No new reviews. No change . Has something happened? When do you anticipate new reviews, etc.?

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

That’s so weird, Lynda, We’ve been really busy with new reviews and blogs this week and I’ve had absolutely no problems with the new content showing up. Have you tried the old trick of clearing your cache?

LeeB.

Lynda: You might also try clicking on the little round arrow on the website address to refresh your page.

Lynda X

Wait! I’ve been clicking on AAR for the past couple of weeks, and the home page has not changed. It begins with the picture and review of “Destined for a King.” From your responses, it indicates that there HAS been a home page change in the past couple of weeks, right? I went to Google and clicked on their AAR page and got the same thing, so it is apparently not that I’m clicking on an old page, but it should have updated when I clicked on Google, right? Can you please give me the site that I should use to have changes–as has happened with this site I’ve used since the new site opened. I’m confused.

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

Yep, we’ve definitely been posting new reviews -2 or 3 a day – and new blogs over the past few weeks. And we’re still at http://www.allaboutromance.com – that hasn’t changed. I suspect that the page is stored by Google and isn’t updated for some reason, which is why I suggested clearing out your cache memory. Which browser do you use? I use both Chrome and Microsoft Edge and the site shows up there just fine, and it’s also updated when I look at it on my phone.

Clear the cache, or, as Lee suggested, hit the “refresh” icon on the address bar in your browser.

Lil

Like Lynda X, I’ve been seeing an unchanged opening page too. If I click the refresh arrow, I get the new version, but should this be happening?

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

I don’t know why this is happening. I think it’s an operating systems problem that some people have and others don’t so it’s hard for me to track it down. We are moving within the next day to a new server and we have hired a new tech person so I am hopeful that over the next week we will finally be able to iron out some of these problems.

Pam

I love the site and it finally seems a bit faster. Thanks!

Lil

I still have to refresh the page every time to see what’s new—the comments as well as the opening page. Is that a problem just for Safari users?

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We are working on that but it is a caching problem for some users still. Thanks!

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We have also repaired the comment spam problem.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Are you still having this problem?

library addict

I’m using Firefox and the site still isn’t showing updated threads even when I refresh.

I take it the threaded comments are back as well. This makes it difficult to see what’s new, but I understand why some people like them,

Is it possible to move all of the TV threads to the After Hours forum? They are some (Poldark, Outlander, not sure if there’s more) in the Romance Potpourri Forum.

The site does load much faster now, so that’s a plus.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.