Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Hi All,
    Love the new site but do have an issue.
    Only one mind you.
    If I do a power search for books with a B grade – the results appear. I then click on a book to see its review, but when i click on ‘back’ to go back to my place in the list I was viewing – well the whole search disappears.
    So I then I have to enter in all details for a search again. I have to remember what page I was on….if it was after page 5 then I have to click through each page in turn…..some of the searches have a hundred pages!!!

Please could you solve my problem or let me know what I am doing wrong.
    Thanks.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We are aware of that problem and it’s on our list. In the meantime, if you open the reviews in a new tab, your search page doesn’t go anywhere.

Lynda X

Well, once again, I tried to start a whole new discussion topic, and once again, nothing showed up and I’ve lost what I spent a while writing. What am I doing wrong? And oh, yeah, I’m still having to refresh this site, otherwise, I get yesterday’s.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

I don’t know! Others appear to be able to start new topics. What topic did you want to start?

chris booklover

I also have to refresh individual pages to see the latest postings. I normally use Firefox.

stl_reader

I can create topics and post now, so I’m happy!

I do have the issue that others have with pages not refreshing automatically. What I routinely do is:

1. I go to the page I want (usually the home page or the posts for a specific topic inside the Let’s Talk Romance or Romance Potpourri forum.

2. When I get to the page containing the posts or reviews I want to see, I place my cursor on the page, right click, and choose Refresh (or Reload, or whatever your browser calls it). For me, that causes the page to refresh, and the topics/posts are then correct. A little annoying, but as long as it works I’m good.

PatW

So I select a topic thread on one of the message boards and finish reading it, then … Is there any way to go from that topic to the full list of topics like we used to be able to do? To get the list again I have to go back to Connections/Message Boards/”name of message board” …. I’ve stopped visiting the message boards with any regularity because the navigation is so cumbersome.

On the other hand, listing the comments about specific books from the home page is terrific!

I too have to refresh the homepage when I start to get he latest.

JulieB

Not to be negative, but has there been any further updates on the refresh problems? I’m using Chrome and I need to refresh every time I come to the website, and refresh again for each separate subheading. This can’t be my browser since it’s not happening anywhere else. Took me a couple of weeks to realize this; I thought that there hadn’t been any new reviews in forever.

I am relatively sure that this wasn’t a problem when the new site was first launched. I don’t remember having to refresh in July or August, although I see others had the problem earlier.

Finally, I’m getting a popup in the forums that state that the site is moving to a new server and comments will not be forwarded. It doesn’t happen every time I open the forums, but it has been occurring on and off for over a week. Are you moving to a new server or is this an old message?

JaneA

The same things are happening with me, and I also use Chrome. The new server message hasn’t shown up for a few days, though.

Tee

Same thing here regarding the refreshing. It must be done daily to each section visited (message boards, reviews and blog). I also use Chrome, but that shouldn’t matter.

cjay

yup same thing happening to me. Have to constantly refresh, both on my laptop and on the mobile. using safari on both devices.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We are working on changing this. It has to do with the sort of links the site uses and they all have to be changed individually.

Amanda (RichMissTallant)

Is there any chance of going back to having the topics not threaded, with newest replies at the bottom, and splitting them into multiple pages? I guess there’s mixed opinions on the forum about having it in this format and perhaps with the switch to the new server it may not be possible.

chris booklover

I don’t know what the technical constraints are, but for what it’s worth I also prefer un-threaded replies and multiple pages for each thread if needed.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

I have installed new software that you should let you edit your posts and quote others’ posts. I’m hoping it works!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.