Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 218 total)
  • Author

The new site is lovely. I spent most of the weekend archiving my old posts at the old site – I just copied and pasted onto Word documents and saved them – don’t know of a better way to do it. I did this last time during the last AAR website messageboard change early 2007. How do we quote other posters’ comments so we could answer them?

LinnieGayl Kimmel
    Participant

Can’t figure out if it is possible to quote either. Tried a few things with disastrous results.

msaggie

Linnie Gayl, I clicked “reply” on your post to see if that will quote your post – will it work? We will soon find out

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

The reply feature will work soon.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

The Reader Poll for 2015 has been added.

LinnieGayl Kimmel
    Participant

Oh yay! Thanks for getting the poll up for best of 2015 romances! Now to get thinking about the poll for best of 2016 romances :)

erika

almost missed the alert the site was changing! the new site is classy.
    Once I determined I didn’t have to register yet…easy peasy!!

oh and I hope the books on sale stay. I use that for my monthly buying lists…

HeatherB

Love it! So far it seems so much easier than the old and I really like how it is organized. I also like how the message boards are much easier to navigate.

Clutterconqueror

I was just on a board where I wanted to agree with someone without having to make a post. It might have been lovely to have agree or disagree buttons.

HBO

NB: I am using the block quote tab for the first time; so, I hope it works the way the old site did. If not, then I look like the tech-challenged person I am at times. :(

I was just on a board where I wanted to agree with someone without having to make a post. It might have been lovely to have agree or disagree buttons

While I can see the ease of such a feature, wouldn’t the discussion forums then run the risk of becoming more like FB? Stagnant? An unintentional, yet unsubstantiated poll?

I like to know why a person agrees/or disagrees with another’s opinion. We all have something to say that adds to any conversation, and in this case I believe “more is better.”

Clutterconqueror

While I can see the ease of such a feature, wouldn’t the discussion forums then run the risk of becoming more like FB? Stagnant? An unintentional, yet unsubstantiated poll?

I like to know why a person agrees/or disagrees with another’s opinion. We all have something to say that adds to any conversation, and in this case I believe “more is better.”

I see your point, and I agree. I rescind my suggestion.

msaggie

I am trying to post about a new book I just read but it says “Forbidden” and that I don’t have permission (but I have posted before). What’s the problem? My post is not overly long

leather hi top sneakers

dear sir , i have paased my f.y.b.com and i m working in shipping company from 3 years as documentation executive. i would like to add my qualification shipping degree, so please send me information about graduate and undergratues.
    leather hi top sneakers http://www.marantsneaker.com/

Ellen Schwartz

You need a “return to the list of posts” navigation link. It is not enough to just have page navigation within a post topic. When I get to the end of page 3 or 4 (or higher for popular posts), I want to be able to get back to the forum main page with the lists of posts in one click and not have to click “back” multiple times or go out to the main menu again.

test

test replay to topic

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.