Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Although I love the new site, especially the sales on e-books, what is terrible is how LONG it takes to download the blog or article. In the past, AAR had significant problems–at least on my computer–and these seem to have stayed. Isn’t there anything you can do?

Lil

The site looks very attractive but while I understand the number of comments, what does “Voices” mean?

RichMissTallant

I think the site looks great but for the message boards, there’s clearly a word limit and there’s no way of knowing if your post is too long (from what I can see)..

msaggie

Now that I think about it. I liked the old messageboards where you could find out how many times a particular topic/thread was read. Currently we only get how long ago someone commented on a particular post. I used to click on the popular posts to see what it was all about. Could we have that feature again (i.e. telling us how many times the particular thread/topic was read)

dick

The new site simply doesn’t work well when one is using IE as browser. None of the buttons work; loading takes forever. Chrome works, but it too is slow on the site.

Anne Gresley

I use chrome and haven’t noticed any problems.

Eliza

Two new links posted on the home range aren’t even showing up on the threads now. It’s been about 2o minutes.

HBO

The site is out of synch on the discussion boards. Timing is off. Or posts not showing up if one uses IE as a browser.

Also, not sure if the new beta site is getting overloaded with traffic, but commenting on blog or on books featured on the front page has been problematic today.

Blackjack

Only Google Chrome allows me to view new posts and submit too but it looks like the timing is still off and posts appear and then vanish.

gracec

I love the new site, it’s beautiful and well organized. I just wish it would be faster. I use IE primarily so that’s probably why. WIll try Chrome next time and see it that makes a difference. As of now, just moving from page 1 to page 2 takes a long time.

Blackjack

I have to hit the Refresh button every time on every thread I click on to view any new posts. I can only view the site on Google Chrome. I have a Mac and so can’t use IE. On my Mac though Firefox and Safari are not displaying this site.

stl_reader

Hi, there, what does “Freshness” mean? I assumed it meant how long ago someone posted to the particular thread that I’m thinking of clicking on; now I don’t think so. What does it indicate? Thanks.

Eliza

“Refresh is a command that reloads the contents of a window or Web page with the most current data. For example, a window may list files stored within a folder, but may not track their location in real-time. If the files have been moved or deleted since the window was first opened, the folder contents displayed will be inaccurate. By refreshing the window, a current list of files is displayed.”

“Web browsers include a Refresh command, which reloads the contents of a Web page. This is especially useful for dynamic Web pages, which contain content that changes often.”

FYI: The refresh button is usually upper lefthand on your monitor,–a partial circle with an arrow generally–next to the arrows that take you back a page or forward a page. It doesn’t reprogram your computer or anything like it. It just gives you the latest info (that the new AAR program is currently NOT doing).

Refresh just brings the most recent data to your unit, The program should be doing it for you, but since it is not, you have to hit REFRESH on the new AAR often to keep up with what anyone is doing

tigz

In most browsers on Windows PCs you can also press F5 to refresh your browser page. You can also press CTRL + F5 simultaneously for a hard refresh which is is a way of clearing the browser’s cache for a specific page, to force it to load the most recent version of a page. Sometimes, when changes are made to the website, they don’t register immediately due to caching.

Eliza

Sometimes, when changes are made to the website, they don’t register immediately due to caching.

True, but it usually doesn’t take three or four days or a personal refresh for an online site to update. I’ m still having to refresh most of the time, unlike the former site which did not have this problem at all.. Still a bug as far as I can see,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.