Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 218 total)
  • Author

You know, I was impressed with this new site when it opened, but there’s hardly anything new in it for DAYS! We need more book reviews, more articles, more interviews, etc. I love this site, but it’s becoming irrelevant because it doesn’t have much to it. I don’t think the home page has change for five days–or more!

Mark

I noticed a couple days ago that the home page now needs the same kind of refresh as the message boards. There have been new reviews every day.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

My dev team says there are some bugs with IE users. If you are using IE, the site will work better if you have the latest version.

Eliza

Like Mark said, I have to refresh the home page too each time I want to see updates. I have the latest Google Chrome.

Blackjack

I’m using the most current version of Google Chrome and no longer need to refresh the site in the past couple of days. But it’s all very slow to load on each new thread. I also have to sign in with a debugging plug-in every time I post. This site is not working well with Firefox.

Eliza

I wonder what the difference is. I had to refresh just today, both the home site and the “connections.”

HBO

DIKs aside, books that were reviewed more than a week ago are not showing up on the new Review page. Is this going to be a permanent feature to AAR, to have new reviews last only a week, or is the site still having technical issues?

dick

I find the site awkward to use, mainly because one must first go to a specific forum, then to a topic, and then scroll down to the last post to see what’s going on. As with other commenters, I use google chrome to access the site. The responses from the site are very slow, regardless which browser I use.

Eliza

I agree, dick, about the extra steps one must take, and that the site’s slow. Maybe slower than the old site? And with some missing functions?
    A BF who is web designer told me some chose design and appearance over speed and functionality when most people just “want to get to the info.”

Kristie(J)

I like the new site quite a bit except, like others, find it painfully long to bring up and then reload

HBO

I am not sure why AAR set up multiple “what do you think about our new site” pages across its forums, if AAR wasn’t prepared to answer queries or address concerns that its readership have posted.

A “refresh” or “change browsers” isn’t a solution to what plagues this beta site.

And yes, I, too want to know what “voices” mean in the forums. Are they ghosts?

Anne Gresley

Doesn’t ‘voices’ just mean the number of people taking part in a thread?

Loving the new site, by the way, despite the niggles.

Kathleen

This site is so slow it is painful to use. Sorry to be negative but I gave it a week and today it is no better.

Lil

i don’t think Voices means the number of participants. A lot more than 6 people have commented here.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We hope to have the speed issues resolved soon. We have struggled with a huge onslaught of spammers and are working to contain that problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.