Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Maybe this will be clearer:

I am typing this post at 7:16 AM (ET) on Aug. 1

The Topic for Trum on WWW says Blackjack 3 hours, 43 minutes ago

Inside the topic on Trump, Blackjack;s post says posted July 31 at 10:08 PM

AFTER her post, erika’s post is July 31 at 10:11 PM.

Yet on the site I’m on now, my first and second posts immediately updated in both places.

—————————————————————

Here’s a more minor bug:

When I hit “reply” the board moves all the way to the top of the thread, and then I have to scroll down a second time in order to post. This has been consistent all along, as far as I can tell. Odd.

Eliza

One time when I was posting it wouldn’t allow me to put more than one link per message, Just a minute ago, it allows multiple links but change one of them into a photo. So I tried posting that individual link separately and the photo appeared again, Next I tried posting without the link-next page option and the photo still appeared. I finally just posted in English (instead of a link) where to find the article. This is under Clinton in the WWW board. Not the first time a link has resulted in a photo for me.

Kristie(J)

I love AAR, have since I found it probably over 15 year ago now but due to the new site’ I’m going to have to take a hiatus for a while. There are too many issues for me to deal with:

Slowness. I have an IPad 1 and the length of time it takes to do anything is driving me mad.

Refreshing. Now I’m having to refresh every single page I go and it’s driving me mad.

There is only one page for each topic whereas before there were pages. To read the latest post, after I refresh each and evert drill Dow page, I have to go through ALL posts again until getting to most recent post and it takes ages and drives me mad. I want to just skip however many pages there are.

Having to sign in again every single time I post something.

I just wanted to see the latest posts on The Wild West forums. Forget it!! As it was taking well over 5 minutes to get where I was trying to go, I gave up in frustration. In that time – totally wasted, I could have read at least one chapter in a book.

So, for now anyway, I won’t be coming here”. And that makes me so, so sad.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We are working to improve message board functionality. We have found that clearing your cache helps hugely with speed. Also, older browsers are slower.

Rike Horstmann
    Participant

Kristie(J), I will be very sorry to see you gone! I’ve enjoyed your comments very much during all those years. I can understand your frustration at the slowness of the site loading, but perhaps clearing your cache would help, as Dabney suggested (it helped me a lot).

Perhaps the uploading will also be quicker as soon as some quirks of the new site have been dealt with.

Anyway, I hope to be seeing you again here in the future!

Eliza

This is putting the onus of what is happening on the user instead of the provider. Having worked with pc programming as part of my life-long career, that was a non answer. I can say for myself that it’s neither my cache nor my browser. It is this new site. How do I know besides my past experience in programming? Because other complex sites I visit have the speed and good functionality one expects on a regular basis, unlike this new one.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Eliza,

Given how unhappy you are with us–with a site, mind you, we work hours on a day and pay for (the internet isn’t free)–I think it would be best if you gave up posting here.

Thanks,

Dabney

JaneA

Up until the last week or so the pages were loading very slowly, but most recently it’s been as fast as any other site I get on. I also find I don’t need to refresh like I did to get the latest posts to show up. I’m not sure why this is true for me and not for others who are participating here?
    Anyway, just some more feedback for those working on getting the new site up to snuff.

Kristie(J)

I’m on my other tablet and it’s much quicker. Only trouble is I forget my password for WiFi at home. iPad automatically remembers it so if I use this instead I will keep visiting. It will just mean more trips to MacDonald’s *chuckle*

dick

It’s puzzling, but the connections button doesn’t work unless I’m on the reviews page. ?????

chris booklover

Recent blog entries no longer appear on the site. The most recent posting currently showing is dated July 27th.

JaneA

I find if I want to read the most recent blog entries I have to go to the latest one displayed (which is from July 10) and scroll through using the “next” button. Unfortunately, using the refresh button doesn’t help.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Refresh your cache. That solves the problem!

JaneA

It doesn’t refresh it for me. Sometimes it changes it to a different post, but not the latest. But each time it starts with the post of 7/10. It’s not so bad and I imagine it will eventually work itself out. The nicest thing for me is that the pages load very quickly now.

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

Jane, is that the August On Sale list post? If so, that’s deliberate – it’s a sticky post so people can come back throughout the month and refer to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.