Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Yes! Okay, now my face is red, I tend to skim through my sites with my morning tea and sometimes I’m not very observant. Thanks, Caz. :)

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

Oh, I think we’ve all been there, Jane… ;)

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

See my reply to Jane A., Chris. The blog post at the top of the page is a deliberate “sticky post” as it’s the list of books on sale in August.

Mark

I just ran into another quirk in the posts & times the boards show. I’ve been scrolling to the bottom of each topic I open to see the most recent posts, but yesterday I kept seeing an older post despite the more recent time listed before I opened the topic. I finally found a few more recent posts higher on the topic page. Apparently some posts are now going in under other posts (as replies) rather than appearing at the end. Without visual clues like the old message boards used, these can be hard to spot.

Sandlynn

I wanted to be supportive, but I really really hate these new message boards.

No ability to edit, which is devastating for writers.

I have to keep dividing my posts into two because I get a message error because — I GUESS — my messages are too long on this board

The threads go on forever because there is no ability to go on to second, third, or other pages….

I haven’t even tried to incorporate a picture/photo.

This is just unfriendly. I have been silent on this, but I hate these new message boards. There it is. No longer silent.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

We agree and are working with our development team to improve them.

Eliza

This response displays a lack of equal treatment among posters IMO. When I compared functionality of this board to others and expressed my frustration, I was asked to leave, Why is it free speech for some and not others?

Lynda X

Not only can you not edit something that you’ve already written, but I can’t find new entries on the forums. “If You Had to Pick 5 Romances,” on this site doesn’t show the latest that was posted a couple of hours ago ANYWHERE. Half the time, when I click on the Potpourri Forum, what shows up is that it cannot find this site. I hope you get these problems ironed out because I do LOVE the more reviews here, especially the DIKs.

Mark

Linda: the missing pick 5 post is the same thing I noticed a few days ago on another thread. It isn’t at the end! You have to scroll quite a few posts back from the end to spot a post with today’s date.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Hmmm…. that’s not happening for me. All the last posts are at the end. I’ll investigate.

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

This is true for replies. So you would like replies to be at the bottom–I get it now.

Mark

What I would LIKE is boards that work more like the old boards.
    But given the current behavior of one long mess of posts with no color clues to what is new or old, having replies appear below what they are replying to, which would be good with a different layout, is a problem.

dick

I agree completely with Mark. The boards on the new site are difficult to maneuver on. One cannot really tell what a string is about without reading the whole thing, nor really know what a recent reply is replying to without going backward in the string. Comments and subjects seem to drop onto the boards with no or little relationship to them.

Lynda X

I tried to start a new topic on this forum, but couldn’t, even though I had filled in all the info. Instead, I got: “You don’t have permission to access /forums/forum/lets-talk-romance/ on this server.” What did I do wrong?

Also, I did scroll down to the bottom of all the entries in “If You Had to Pick 5 Romances,” and the new entry, even this morning, does not show up.

Blackjack

I like the threaded conversations here and it makes sense to me to have replies appear directly under an initial post on a subject. The main problem I’ve had though is that new (unread) posts are difficult to find and it would be helpful to have an indication to readers of which posts are new. I find that I’m not following conversations very closely anymore. I wonder if there is a way to highlight in bold text when new posts appear?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.