Home Forums Let’s Talk Romance Forum The New Site

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Lynda (sorry about the spelling yesterday): what I’m saying is that SOME posts are NOT showing up at the end, they are showing up with barely visible indents higher up (positioned as replies to earlier posts). So if you scroll to the end & don’t see a recent post, scroll BACK UP until you spot the recent entry.

library addict

Threaded posts are fine in theory, in reality…not so much. YMMV.

Lynda X

Thanks for the advice, Mark. I had scrolled up (which makes no sense that a new entry is put among the old ones), but didn’t see it. Upon your advice, I checked again and did find it. Very frustrating . . . and after all this, the new one said almost nothing!

Dabney Grinnan
    Keymaster

Let’s try the forums without them.

JulieR

Yay, posts for long topics are now separated into multiple pages!! So you can go directly to the last page to see anything new.

I scrolled back a couple of pages on this topic and didn’t see the threaded replies, so perhaps threading is gone too? (Fingers crossed…)

Now if they can only get it so the site remembers the last time I logged in, I’ll be very happy.

Janie

Hi,

I was wanting to read the A- review that Linniegayl wrote on
    Magic in a Jelly Jar by Sally Tyler Hayes (SSE 1390 – 4/01), but
    the site can’t find it. Hope it can be recovered.

Makes me wonder how many other reviews are missing since
    the move.

–Janie

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

It’s here – https://allaboutromance.com/book-review/magic-in-a-jelly-jar/

The reviews have been imported but some are missing author names and reviewer names. We don’t know how this has happened, and are fixing it manually as and when we find them. If you find any more, please don’t hesitate to let us know :)

(For future reference, I found it by putting the word “jelly” in the title field!)

Janie

Thanks, Caz. I did several searches, some with the author
    name only, but when I was using the title field along with
    the author name,, I was using the entire title. Never occurred
    to me to just go with one word in the title.

Glad you found it. :)

–Janie

Eliza

I’m in total agreement with Julie R. I love that long topics are now separated into several pages, and that the latest post is always at the end (without the indentations). Thank you so much,

Tamera

I just want to thank AAR for this great new site. I check in every day. I really LOVE Steals and Deals and have bought about a dozen – some old favorites that I had in paperback and some new treasures at a great price. THANKS!!

Mark

I can’t find the list of romances on sale in September, just the eagerly awaited blog.
    Can you put the romances on sale archives back on the site menu?

Caz Owens
    Keymaster

I’m afraid there has been a delay with the September list, Mark, and I’m not sure at the moment when it’ll be ready.

Sonya Heaney

It might be just me. I have a new computer, but so many sites seem to be screwing up at the moment (Harlequin, I am directing a dirty look at your new site!).

However… I went to read a couple of your reviewers’ biographies, and I kept getting error messages, and couldn’t open any of the links.

But then I Googled your names, and the Google links worked! So, I can get to those pages via an outside source, but not through the links on the site.

Eggletina

Re software in general: I think the industry is undergoing huge changes as technology and apps are rapidly evolving and so many things that worked very well are being obsoleted by the next new thing with selling rather than functionality in mind. In my work (not related to publishing or marketing), I’m discovering for every advance made with an upgrade that has been pushed out to us, the revised software has ruined other things that worked perfectly fine, and it isn’t simply a matter of readjusting and learning to think about it in a ‘new’ way. I also think a lot of software is now being coded by a younger generation of programmers who influence how interfaces are designed.

As for issues here: I often have to refresh to see the latest comments, but it’s not a big deal. I have discovered that if I go to the main menu with the list of forums where it shows latest time of last post and the name of the poster, clicking on the time will take me to that post. However, I can’t know until I get there what thread that latest post is associated with.

I do miss the old boards and the wealth of information that could be obtained from comments in the threads there, but understand why it was cost-prohibitive to maintain.

Eggletina

I forgot to add: I’m grateful the Special Titles Listing was preserved as well as old reviews (even though some of the reviewer names didn’t come across). I refer to them quite a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.