When my mom told me the menu for dinner the other night and included peach enchiladas, I expected some sort of odd tortilla, peach, and salsa combination that did not sound appealing. Boy, was I wrong!
These tasty treats are a bit like an individual sized peach cobbler. They’re delicious on their own or with vanilla ice cream. I suggest eating them as soon as they come out of the oven, or they can get soggy.
- 2 (8 ounce) crescent rolls (when are these not good?)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (11 ounce) canned peaches (or use fresh since they’re in season)
- 1 (12 ounce) cans Mountain Dew/7Up/Sprite soda (this sounds odd but just trust me)
- Melt butter and add sugar and cinnamon, mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough and place 1-2 peach quarters on each crescent.
- Roll dough around peach, the same way you roll the dough for the crescent shape.
- Place in 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the rolls, and then pour in the soda.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, uncovered.
– Haley AAR