It’s been almost two years since we published our last Top 100 Romances list. This list, which AAR has done every five years or so, is a reader generated list–the last list was picked by readers who cast over 5000 votes. We left the Top 100 list unranked although we did rank the top ten. I’m curious what you think now, in 2020, about the top ten and the top 100 lists. Is there a book you are appalled isn’t on the the top ten list? Is there one you’re sure should be? How about the Top 100 list? Any books you think are clearly missing? Any books you think shouldn’t be there?
For reference, here is the most recent top ten list:
- Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (review here)
- Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase (review here)
- Beard Science by Penny Reid (review here)
- Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale (review here)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (review here)
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (review here)
- A Seditious Affair by K.J. Charles (review here)
- Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas (review here)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (review here)
As always, we’re interested in your choices and why you feel that way. So let us know!